Effective: June 15th, 2008
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It. Black Crow collects information about you when you register for any Service, when you use the Services, when you visit Black Crow webpages, and when you enter Black Crow promotions.
a. Registration. When you sign up for heyawl.com or any other Black Crow Service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, address, or telephone number). For the same or other services, we may ask you for credit card or other payment account information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Black Crow Services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For example, we may send you information about Black Crow or promotional material from some of our partners unless you opt out of these communications during registration.
c. Server Log Information. When you use the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, cookie information, and the page you request.
d. User Communications. When you send email or other communications to Black Crow, Black Crow may retain those communications indefinitely.
e. Affiliated Sites. Some of the Services (including, but not limited to ValdostaToday.com) are provided by third party vendors to Black Crow. As such, the privacy policies of those vendors will govern the use of those Services provided by such vendors as well as the information provided by you, or collected in association with, those sites. You acknowledge that some of these Services and pages may bear a Black Crow brand and appear to be Black Crow pages.
f. Use of Information. Black Crow may use individual information for any legally permissible purpose in Black Crow’s sole discretion, except that Black Crow will never sell any individual information. The following describes how Black Crow currently uses individual information, but Black Crow may change or broaden its use at any time as permitted by law. Black Crow uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for products or services, to improve our services, and to contact you when necessary. Black Crow may also disclose your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. Black Crow may also disclose your personal information if Black Crow believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Black Crow’s Terms, or as otherwise required by law. Black Crow may share with third parties certain aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you personally.
2. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Notices.
a. Prohibition of Disclosure of Information. Children under 13 are not permitted to disclose any personally identifying information in relation to any Service. This means that children may not register for any product or service.
b. Filtering Notices. There are commercially available services and software that limit access to objectionable information.
3. Targeted Advertisements. Black Crow displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including advertisement serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria. Black Crow does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
4. Modification or Deletion of Account Information. You can edit your account information at any time by _____________________. You can delete your account at any time by _________________________________. Some information about you and your account may remain in our archived records after modification and/or deletion.
6. Changes. Black Crow may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our website.
7. Comments or Questions. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact email@example.com.